Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Infrastructure Programme Engineer
The Hamilton City Council is looking for an Infrastructure Program Engineer to join the Infrastructure Planning Team. This is a specialist role that contributes largely to the success of the Infrastructure team
The fundamental role for this position is to be a clever client that:
- Provides leadership, professional and technical advice to Council, the City Development Group, the Community and development industry on Resource Management matters to facilitate planned and sustainable growth both within the City and in neighbouring districts.
- To provide clear, relevant and effective advice to support and lead Council’s policy response to the requirements of the District Plan and Resource Management Act from an infrastructure planning and program perspective.
This position has two direct reports, it is important for the successful candidate to have good leadership skills as they are responsible for the management of the program work delivered by the direct reports.
Along with managing direct reports this role collaborates a lot with many different teams, developers, managers, engineers and stakeholders so good communication skills are vital for the success of this role.
To be eligible you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Planning, Resource Management, or related field
- A respected qualification in project management
- Minimum 5 years post qualification
- Sound experience in infrastructure planning and urban development
- Works successfully as part of a team, being flexible between being a team member and co-ordinating teams
This is an interesting role with lots of duties and responsibilities. You get to work on projects that are happening currently and coordinate capital growth infrastructure for the 10-year and 30-year infrastructure plans.
The recruiting range for this role starts at $104,225.00 per annum and could be negotiated for the right candidate.
Hamilton City Council is committed to being a high-performance organisation with people who think differently, act with integrity, make it happen and work together.
This is your chance to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a more vibrant, attractive and prosperous city.
If this role sounds like it’s for you, we would love to hear from you. Make it happen and apply online today!
All candidates will be notified of the outcome on their application via email. Short-listed candidates may be required to complete a short presentation, an interview process, reference checks, pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol assessments, credit check and a Ministry of Justice or Police vetting check.
For further information, and to submit your application online, head over to our careers website at https://hamilton.careercentre.net.nz/Job
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies. Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.
Permanent - Full Time
Job no: JEAN957499
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Closing Date: Monday, 28 October 2019