Fixed Term - Full Time
Hamilton City Concil’s City Parks team are looking for Garden Assistants to join their dedicated and enthusiastic Street Landscapes team.
The Garden Assistants are responsible for maintaining the road corridors that help to make our city beautiful.
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in maintaining gardens and the mechanical machinery
- Excellent customer service skills
- A team player who has a positive can-do attitude, someone who is eager to pitch-in and get the job done
- Solution oriented and outcomes focussed
- Excellent time management, personal accountability and punctuality
- The ability to keep to a schedules and meet deadlines
- A full drivers licence and the ability to drive manual vehicles
- The ability to keep off your mobile phone during working hours
It’s essential you enjoy working outdoors all year round and have a good level of fitness, as the role can be physically demanding at times.
We are looking for people with an interest and ambition to grow their career in the Horticulture industry. If you don’t have all of the technical skills and knowledge, but you have the right attitude, a willingness to learn and a preference for being part of a team then let us know.
The recruiting range starts at $18.54 and is based on qualifications and relevant experience.
We start early, work hard and have fun together as a team. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Hamilton City Council is committed to being a high-performance organisation with people who think differently, act with integrity, make it happen and work together.
This is your chance to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a stronger economy and a more attractive city for families through the delivery of the Hamilton Plan.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome on their application via email. Short-listed candidates will be required to complete an interview process, reference checks, pre-employment medical and drug assessments and Ministry of Justice check.
For further information refer to the position description available on our careers website at https://hamilton.careercentre.net.nz/Job
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies.
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Closing Date: Wednesday, 9 August 2017